Fix doll eyelashes??

You are welcome to SDF for all discussions about dolls.
You need to be register to forward message or to send new topic.

Bienvenue sur SDF tous les discussion a propos des poupées réaliste
Il faut être enregistré pour répondre ou créer un nouveau sujet
MikelAngel

Fix doll eyelashes??

Post by MikelAngel »

Hi everyone!!!
Could anyone please tell me how to fix doll eyelashes??

I tried it using some kind of eyelash glue but I hasn’t worked very well...
Pat

Re: Fix doll eyelashes??

Post by Pat »

Hello, Sorry for the late reply.

Fixing eyelashes on a doll will occur quite often.
I tried eyelashes glue,crazy glue and gorilla glue and they all have the same effect. It does not last long depending on your usage of the doll.

You can buy new and different eyelashes in Walmart or Amazon or at your local pharmacy,etc.

The new eyelashes are usually too long so you need to cut them at the proper length.

What I do is I apply only a very TINY (And I mean TINY) amount of glue on a tip of a toothpick and start in one corner of the eye.
One hand should be holding the toothpick and the other hand is holding the eyelash with a tweezer and you work your way around the eye.
Then you cut off the rest of the eyelash that was too long,
Et Voila!

Here is a video from Sili Doll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFhvnq8jbOs

Note: Baby Oil can help removing the glue and eyelashes if you messed up. All depending of the material of your doll. But be very careful. Baby oil will erase all makeup and eyebrow also if not being careful.

Practice make perfect

I included a before and after pics of one of mine when I did a makeover
Before.jpg
Before.jpg (54.79 KiB) Viewed 8933 times
After.jpg
After.jpg (50.74 KiB) Viewed 8933 times
Pat

Post by Pat »

Oups!
I forgot to mention to remove the eye ball and the cotton balls behind the eyes before starting to glue the eyelashes.
That is my preference only just in case the eye lid get glued to the eye balls :lol:
Hotnuts

Post by Hotnuts »

Thanks Pat. I saw one of my doll eyebrows that needs to be glued too. I was not sure what to do. Many thanks on this one.
Mitch3lTibodo

Post by Mitch3lTibodo »

Ma recette c'est Krazy Glue Craft Trois gouttes. Une chaque extrémité et une dans le milieu. Et oui, très important d'enlever les yeux parce que ça va les ruiner.

My recipe is Krazy Glue Craft. Three drops. One on each side and one in the middle. And yes, remove the eye because one drop will ruin it.
GomDoll

Post by GomDoll »

Hi friend,

We use this products when inspecting dolls and correcting eyelashes.
3 drops apply with a toothpick and it does the job

Bonjour a tous

Nous utilisons ce produits lorsque l'on inspecte les poupées et que l'on corrige les cils.
3 goutes appliquer avec un cure dent et ca fait la job

Alain
Attachments
Lepage Gel control.jpg
Lepage Gel control.jpg (41.22 KiB) Viewed 8892 times
Pat

Post by Pat »

Merci de l'info Alain.

Je n'ai jamais vue cette colle la avant.

Je la met dans ma shopping list. :D
jeffry48

Post by jeffry48 »

Salut alain ..ont trouve sa ou cette colle...merci
GomDoll

Post by GomDoll »

Chez Home Depot
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

Pat wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:54 pm Oups!
I forgot to mention to remove the eye ball and the cotton balls behind the eyes before starting to glue the eyelashes.
That is my preference only just in case the eye lid get glued to the eye balls :lol:
Hi Pat. Thank you for the detail you went into to answer OP's question. That's exactly what I was looking for. I have new eyes and a shorter haired wig coming in the mail. The eyes are just for fun but the new wig is coming in hopes that the shorter bangs won't rip out the eyelashes as easy. And a different color to spice things up lol

I have questions about these cotton balls. I have never taken my doll's eyes out yet.

Do they usually come from factory with cotton balls behind the eyes? If no, the doll I got looks like her eyes are smaller than what was advertised online. Is putting cotton behind the eyes a good way to make them look bigger? Would it be easier to manipulate the eyes with cotton balls behind them so they can look in different directions?